As part of continued training with accelerated learning today i have made some chocolate brownies.
The recipe is from www.williescacao.com - I have tweaked the recipe and added in some raspberries.
Notes : Rather than whisking i used the mixer which cuts down on blending time and makes the process as simple as you like. I also don't worry about coarsely chopping the chocolate - letting it melt with the butter works fine. No need to lightly grease the baking tray just get the baking paper in the tray and pour the mixture in when it is ready to go.
- 200g Venezuelan Carenero Superior 100% cacao, coarsely chopped
- 100g slightly salted butter
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 120g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 130g raspberries
- Baking tin, about 40cm x 24cm
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease the baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Melt the cacao and butter in heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Fold in melted chocolate and butter until well combined, then fold in the chopped walnuts and raspberries
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, until the centre is just firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Slice into approximately 4-cm squares.
- These brownies will keep for up to a week in an airtight tin.